Another Christmas has come and gone which means another year of baking delicious treats. Not that I don’t have an excuse any other time of the year. Instead of making one large pie I decided to make several bite size desserts. This took a bit longer but they all turned out so yummy and everyone loved them! The pecan tarts had a perfect flaky crust and the center was just the right amount of gooey. I’ve never been a huge fan of pecan pie because of the texture. It’s too gooey in the middle and it’s not really something you can chew. I always end up eating only the crust, pecans, and a little bit of the filling to get some flavor. This is why I love the bite size tarts, it combines all of the best parts of the pie in one bite. I hope you enjoy!
Makes 24 Tarts
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the Crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer beat the butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add the flour and salt and beat until combined.
3. Take a tablespoon and of dough and press into each mini muffin cup. Set aside and make filling.
4. For the filling, combine all of the filling ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir (do not beat) together with a whisk until combined. Pour filling into cups until almost full. Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Store in airtight container.