Christmas really is the best time of the year. It brings back childhood memories, you get to spend time lots of time with family, eat delicious food, give and receive presents, and decorate the house like a glorious winter wonderland! I love making new holiday crafts for my house and this year I made a great addition for the front porch. It was fairly simple and I had most of the items I already needed at home, which always makes me happy. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and have time to make a few Christmas crafts. 🙂
- Rectangle Piece of Wood
- JOY Wood letters (mine are 13″), the size will vary depending on how large your piece of wood is
- 6 wooden snowflakes (more or less depending on how large your piece of wood is) Mine are from Micheal’s
- Beige paint
- Red Spray Paint
- White Spray Paint
- Clear Spray Paint Sealer
- Silver glitter
- E6000 glue or wood glue
- Small clear command hooks
- White strand of lights
1. Sand the rectangle piece of wood until it’s very smooth. Paint with the beige paint, at least two coats until completely covered. Let dry. Once it is completely dry spray the entire piece with the clear sealer.
2. Attach the command hooks around the edges of the piece of wood where you have not painted. You will attach the lights at the end.
3. Spray paint the JOY letters with the red spray paint until completely covered. When the last coat is on, sprinkle with silver glitter. Let dry. Once completely dry, spray the letters with the clear sealer.
4. Spray paint the snowflakes with the white spray paint until completely covered. When the last coat is on, sprinkle with silver glitter. Let dry. Once completely dry, spray the letters with the clear sealer.
5. Using E600 glue or wood glue, glue each piece on starting with the JOY letters. Let dry.
6. Attach the lights around the edges, securing the strand into the hooks. Plug in and enjoy!