Happy National Pie Day!!! I had no idea about this yummy holiday until yesterday. My husband just bought me a beautiful new pie pan and vintage pie server so this came in handy at the perfect time. He has been asking me all week to make him a pie so how could I refuse when it’s the only day of the year you’re allowed to eat as much pie as possible because some genius made it a holiday! Truth is, I made it last night and there’s less than half a pie left..it’s that good and easy too. It took me ten minutes to prep. The hard part was waiting for it to bake. 🙂
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
3. Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter.
4. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 – 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top using the following directions.
5. For a more golden crust, brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake Pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com