It’s that time of year to start making fun holiday treats. There are tons of Christmas parties coming up and you can’t go empty handed to any of them! At first when I thought about covering marshmallows in white chocolate, I didn’t think it would taste too great but it actually is wonderfully sweet. The crunchy chocolate molds the soft marshmallow perfectly and it melts in your mouth. The little bit of peppermint adds a nice holiday touch and extra crunch! 🙂 They are very pretty and look prefect for Christmas. Hope you enjoy 🙂 Continue reading
I’ve been nominated by Fight for the Bite for the Liebster Award! I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my blog this morning 🙂 There is nothing better than to have your blog recognized by fellow bloggers!
The rules are:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
- Answer the 11 questions proposed by the blogger who nominated you.
- Select 5 ~ 11 bloggers for the award, who have a less than 300 followers, a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
- Pose 11 new questions to the new nominees.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
1. Sweet or Salty? sweet
2. What’s your favorite kind of chocolate? milk chocolate
3. What’s the last book you read (or are reading)? Let’s Pretend This Never Happened, A Mostly True Memoir
4. Dogs or cats? dogs
5. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go? St. Lucia
6. How long have you been blogging? almost 1 year
7. What’s one of your favorite things to blog about? sweets
8. What’s one of your favorite things about Thanksgiving?cornbread stuffing
9. Do you prefer winter or summer? summer
10. What’s the last thing you ate? a banana
My 11 questions are:
1. What hidden talents do you have?
2. What do you typically have for breakfast?
3. Whats your favorite Milkshake flavor?
4. Whats your favorite condiment?
5. What is your favorite post on your own blog?
6. What is your favorite post on another blog?
7. What would you like to blog about next?
8. Do you have any unusual fears or phobias?
9. Besides blogging :), do you have another favorite hobby?
10. What do you consider is the most important appliance in a house?
11. Who is your favorite person?
I have nominated the following blogs because they are wonderful and I have enjoyed looking at all their great posts 🙂 Please stop by and check out their blogs!
I needed some art for my gallery wall in my office and there’s nothing better than a one of a kind piece of art. I also am not a huge fan of the repetitive quotes that are in every single store. I tried to search for an inspirational quote that I really liked but it had to be short because my canvas was small and my letters were large. “Positive Quote” is what I ended up with 🙂 I thought it was pretty funny.
I love all kinds of salsa and this one with black beans and corn is one of my all time favorites. It’s fresh, simple and very healthy. It takes only a few minutes to prepare and with just a handful of ingredients…what’s not to love? 🙂 When I made this the other night, the entire container was gone by the end of the night! What is sad is I only got to sample it while I was making it 😦 But I love that everyone else enjoyed it so much. It makes me feel so good when I make something and the bowl is licked clean, haha. Enjoy 🙂
I have been on a little bit of a S’mores kick lately. Anything with marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate combined makes an excellent flavor and it’s hard to beat. There is something so great about a childhood favorite food. They can bring back memories in one second with the rich smell that fills up your kitchen and with one single bite. When I was a kid we used to toast marshmallows in our fireplace but I was too scared to get near the real fire. So, I would put my marshmallow on the clothes hanger and pretend to roast mine under the coffee table 🙂 That’s why I love bite size food so it just seemed right to pair the two together! When these bite size S’mores are right out of the oven, they are melt in your mouth delicious! Hope you enjoy and get make some memories 🙂 Continue reading
I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by Shana Koenigsdorf, Her blog Curls and Carrots is absolutely delightful and one of my favorites to read daily. Shana has great recipes, photos, and thoughts on everyday life. She is extremely active in her blog and gives great feedback to others. So sweet and talented 🙂 Thanks for the nomination!!!
The rules are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post.
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. Who would play you if your life was made into a movie? I’m a pretty sarcastic person and love humor. It’s a part of everything I do. My family and friends understand my sense of humor and I think Emma Stone can pull sarcasm very well. She’s all sorts of funny 🙂
2. Where in the world would you most like to travel? I would love love love to go to to St. Lucia and have a lovely vacation on a private beach with the husband 🙂
3. What is the best thing about blogging? I love being able to put my food, art, and photos out in the world and have everyone see them. I love talking to other bloggers about their food, my food, any food 🙂 I have met so many new people and I like seeing new posts from the same bloggers on a regular basis.
4. What is your secret indulgence? Ice cream…I love all kinds. It can upset my stomach most of time but the taste is totally worth it! Once a year when Ben and Jerry’s puts out their special edition Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream, I stock up and go crazy! It’s the best ice cream in the world…wait, maybe their Oatmeal Cookie Chunk ice cream is the best…it’s a tie 🙂
5. If someone handed you £1000 tomorrow what would you spend it on? I would save most of it and then buy the husband a new cycling helmet (they’re expense). Then maybe some cute boots for winter 🙂
6. What do you never leave home without? My cell phone. I don’t like the thought of being stranded alone somewhere with no to call. What did people do without cell phones??
7. What’s your favourite meal of the day? Breakfast! Every Saturday my husband and I go to “our” diner and eat a wonderful pancake breakfast. Last week we had pumpkin pancakes and they were amazing!
8. What makes you laugh? My bulldog, his expressions look like a human. He is so hilarious and makes me laugh so much!
9. Who would be your ideal dinner party guests? My family, I am most comfortable with my family and they make me laugh 🙂
10. What was the last thing you Googled? Emma Stone
I had so much fun answering these questions and I hope everyone that I nominated below does too! Please visit their blogs because they are all amazing and I love each one! Happy Blogging 🙂
I don’t think I’ve met anyone who doesn’t love a good pizza on a Friday night (or any night you don’t feel like cooking!). This may not be as quick as delivery pizza but it’s still tasty and while it’s baking you can get the movie and dessert ready 🙂 That’s what my husband and I usually do…it’s still fresh in my mind from just a couple of nights ago.
This is one of our favorite go-to meals because it’s quick, healthier than delivery pizza, and it’s one of the only meals we can stand side by side and make together without me turning the kitchen into a complete mess, my kitchen looks like a war zone after I make a meal! It’s kind of become a joke in the house about how bad the kitchen is going to look after I cook. No matter how small the meal, I somehow end up with flour, sugar, or some sort of sticky substance on the walls and always on face, clothes and hair. It looks like I have just thrown the ingredients in the air and hope they land in the bowl 🙂 For a while I tried really hard to prepare everything neatly and keep the kitchen pretty while baking but it’s not my style and I went back to my old ways of slinging flour and sugar on the walls.
I’m very good at cleaning it all up in the end and you would never know that someone even cooked a meal besides the delicious smell lingering in the house. Everything always gets put back in it’s place and every piece of sugar is wiped away….until my next baking adventure 🙂 Continue reading