I love baking, it’s like therapy to me. I can go into my kitchen and completely de-stress by focusing all of my attention on putting random ingredients together to make one great, delicious dessert or meal. This works 90% of the time… The other 10% is a total epic fail! I botch the entire recipe, start over, botch again, start over, botch again…I become increasingly annoyed and at this point I’m really thinking I might need actual therapy because I want to throat punch the next person I see. But, this almost rarely, sometimes, maybe once a week happens…I will consider the real therapy, haha.
If you’re a baker, you know how baking can be very stress relieving but at times extremely stressful. So, you probably know where I’m coming from. 🙂 You probably also know that at times you just don’t feel like baking but you really, really need a sweet treat! This is the perfect recipe for that occasion. It’s quick, simple, requires few ingredients, and is delicious!! Best of all, it’s guaranteed to be stress free!!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 20 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp shortening
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners (you can also use minis as I did). Set aside
- Cream the peanut butter and butter with hand held mixer or stand mixer for one minute. Add brown sugar and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Set in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl in 20-second intervals, stirring each each increment. Spoon 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each cupcake liner and allow to settle. Spoon 2 teaspoons of peanut butter mixture on top (don’t let it touch the sides). Spoons another 2 teaspoons over the peanut butter, making sure it completely covers.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. Put the pan in the refrigerator for about an hour until they are set.
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction, Pretzel Peanut Cups