I was drawing a blank the other night and couldn’t come up with any dinner ideas. I had all the ingredients for tacos but another regular, plain old taco didn’t sound good at all. I had cupcakes on the brain (as usual) and thought mini taco cups using my cupcake pan would be super fun and easy! It turned out to be so delicious that my husband requested we make them the next night also. We’ve had them almost twice a week since. 🙂
Makes 12 Taco Cups
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Stack tortillas and cut 3 circles using a ramekin or something or similar size. This will make 12 small tortilla circles. Push each tortilla circle in the cupcake/muffin pan, making sure the sides are pushed to the edges and the bottom is all the way pushed down. This will resemble a taco bowl. Set aside.
3. Brown the ground beef and drain. Lower the heat to low and add the salsa.
4. Put the taco cups in the oven and bake for 8 minutes while the beef and salsa simmer on low heat.
5. Take the cups out of the oven. Spoon the beef into each taco cup and distribute evenly. Top with cheese and put back into the oven for 5-6 minutes until cheese is melted.
6. Take taco cups out of the oven and remove carefully from the muffin pan. Move to a plate and top with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, cilantro, sour cream, and squeeze with lime juice. Enjoy!