Have you ever took a bite of something so delicious that you instantly know you were in trouble!? You went into it with every intention of just tasting it or just having one but when you take a bite it’s the best thing you’ve ever put in your mouth! All logical reason disappears and now you NEED one more which turns into licking the crumbs off the plate. I hate to do this to you but these cookies will make you lose all self control. They are the best chocolate chip cookies ever and you won’t be able to eat just one. 🙂 So enjoy…I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Makes 16 large cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter (1.5 sticks), melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter brown sugar, and sugar together until no sugar lumps remain, Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk, followed by the vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours (or up to 3 days).
3. Take the dough out of refrigerator and allow to soften slightly at room temp for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
5. Roll the dough into balls, about 3 Tbsp of dough per cookie. If the dough is crumbly, the warmth of your hands will help it come together into a ball. Roll the dough balls to be taller rather than wide. (See picture below). Place 8 balls of dough 3 in apart onto each cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 11-13 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temp for up to 10 days.