Tara Stiles is one of my favorite yoga instructors. When I first seriously started yoga about 3 years ago, I had no idea what to do so I turned to You Tube and found her videos. She was completely different than any other yoga instructor. I liked her because she didn’t take herself too seriously and didn’t complicate yoga. Some yogis don’t agree with her style but I don’t really care because yoga makes me feel better I don’t think there are any set rules for yoga (I know Tara would 100% agree!). I was really excited when her cookbooks came out because her yoga style flowed right over her cooking style. If you don’t like it, just don’t add it…and pretty much anything can be substituted for something else. The title after all is Make Your Own Rules Cookbook. Tonight, I made her Lazy Pad Thai and it took all of 10 minutes to whip up! I used my Magic Bullet to blend the sauce while the noodles where cooking and 10 minutes later..dinner is served. I hope you enjoy and if you haven’t checked out Tara Stiles yet, visit her website soon!
- 4 oz dried wide rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp plain or almond peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 shakes hot sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig parsley
- Boil water, add rice noodles and let stand 8-10 minutes until they are softened but still firm. Strain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, or after you can make the sauce. Blend all remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the noodles, and stir until well mixed.
Recipe by Tara Stiles, Make Your Own Rules Cookbook