Hmmm, do you smell what I have cookin’ in here?? No? Probably because the geniuses at NASA haven’t gotten around to inventing smell-o-net (this is when you can smell delicious treats through the internet). 🙂 I’m sure they’ll come up with a more technical name for it. Anyway, if you could smell my kitchen, it smells like chocolaty, pumpkin pie goodness!
I was really in the mood for brownies but plain jane brownies were not going to cut it, they needed something super special. Since it’s fall and pumpkin tastes amazing in almost anything, I thought I would put a layer of delicious pumpkin pie right in the middle. Why stop there though, let’s make it pecan pumpkin pie! You can’t see many of the pecans in the pictures, but don’t skip this step, it takes the brownies to the next level. Enjoy!!
- 1 box fudge brownies (plus ingredients on box)
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9X13 inch baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Make brownies according to directions on box. Set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese and both sugars in a medium bowl until well blended. Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, salt, vanilla, and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour half of the brownie mix into the 9X13 inch pan and spread evenly. Carefully pour dollops of the pumpkin mixture over the brownie layer and smooth out with a rubber spatula. Pour the remaining brownie mixture on top of the pumpkin and smooth out evenly. *If you have extra pecans, you can sprinkle on top for an extra crunch. YUM!
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (depending on your oven) or until a toothpick comes out clean.