These delicious little muffins are so healthy for you but you wouldn’t know it because they are so moist and bursting with blueberry goodness! I loved everything about these muffins..there is almost too many to name but I’ll do it anyway. First of all, you only have to use one bowl and one measuring cup to make these. There’s nothing better than a lazy recipe with easy clean up and a great result. Second..they are dairy free, refined sugar free, and contain no white flour…what do they contain then?? Yumminess! That’s right, I threw lots of that in the bowl along with the blueberries, it’s a must 🙂 I hope you enjoy these healthy blueberry muffins for your next breakfast.
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cup with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder together until well incorporated. Set aside.
3. In a measuring jug that holds 2 cups, add the 1/3 vegetable oil. Add the egg and then fill the cup with milk to the 1-cup line. Add the vanilla and maple syrup.
4. Add the ingredients that are in the measuring jug to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until blended.
5. Fold in the blueberries.
6. Fill muffin liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.