I was more than skeptical when I started to make these cookies because there is no flour, milk, butter, or oil….hmmm. What’s going to make these cookies so chewy and delicious?? Tons of almond butter and the brown sugar doesn’t hurt either. I was more than surprised and pleasantly happy with how they turned out, I didn’t even notice they were missing flour or butter. They tasted so awesome that I had two as an appetizer last night and nibbled on one for breakfast because they were even softer this morning. Don’t judge, I needed protein 🙂
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet dairy free chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Add the almond butter, baking soda, and brown sugar. Mix everything together very well.
2. Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.
3. Scoop 1.5 the dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons each, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake about 2 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough mounds with the back of a spoon.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked, but that’s ok. For crispy cookies, bake for up to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction