Almost every year for more than a decade I’ve flocked to the beaches of Mexico where I sun bath for seven days straight and eat yummy Mexican food. So naturally, I now know everything there is to know about Mexican food…hardly, but I can pretend! I do make some awesome enchiladas that are worth trying if you are a Mexican food lover. It’s really simple and I get to use my crock pot, which I love. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 packet chicken taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 flour tortillas
Sour Cream Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Turn your crock pot on medium and set for 3 hours. Add salsa, taco seasoning, and shredded chicken. Stir ingredients together and cook for 2-3 hours.
2. Begin to prepare the sour cream sauce when you have about 15 left on your crock pot timer and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the butter in a medium skillet, add the flour and whisk for about a minute. Pour in broth and whisk together. Simmer for 1 minute until it bubbles. Stir in sour cream until smooth. Stir in mozzarella cheese until smooth and add paprika. Set aside.
3. When your chicken is done, divide chicken mixture between tortillas (make them full) and roll up tortillas. Place seam down in casserole dish, repeat until casserole dish is full.
4. Pour the sour cream sauce all over the tortillas and top with the cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Cook at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes until cheese is melted and everything is nice and hot! Enjoy!!
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.