To me, there’s nothing better than a dessert in mini form! These seemed like the perfect July 4th dessert, there’s nothing better than eating something delicious off a stick. Lately, pies and cobblers are becoming my favorite desserts. I was never a fan as a kid but now I’m getting over my fear of mushy fruit and actually growing to love it. I made blueberry and chocolate pie pops. I had so much fun designing and putting the crusts together. Eating them was pretty fun too 🙂
Makes 8 Blueberry and 8 Chocolate Pie Pops
- Refrigerated pie crust
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
- Popsicle/cake pop sticks
- sugar, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup chocolate spread
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup of the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and stir in water. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the berries burst and mixture is thick. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1/4 cup blueberries. Pour mixture into a glass bowl and cover, store in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
4. Beat an egg and tablespoon of milk together and brush the edges of each circle with the mixture. Gently press the end of a Popsicle stick into each circle. Place teaspoons of the blueberry or chocolate filling into the center of each circle. (If using the chocolate, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on filling)
5. Cut vent holes before you place on top. Place a second round on top. Seal the edges with a fork. Brush the top of each pie with egg wash and melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake pies 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Remove pie pops and cool on a wire rack.
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.