My bulldog, Hershey is a special kind of bulldog. I always say if he was a human he would be the nerdy, needy kid with glasses that would have to live in a plastic bubble. He has to eat a special dog food that has better ingredients than most of my dinners! He is allergic to something new every week, including wet grass which is so much fun to deal with! It sometimes seems like it would be easier to keep him in a plastic bubble at all times 🙂 If he isn’t crazy hyper he is very needy but he’s super cute while doing it so I don’t mind. 🙂 All he is missing is a thick pair of glasses with duct tape holding them together.
Since Hershey is allergic to almost everything, I made him these hypoallergenic pup treats. It’s his birthday tomorrow so these are extra special!! If you have a furry friend that you want to spoil, these are the perfect treat!
(Makes about 8 pup treats)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Blend applesauce, pumpkin and blueberries together.
3. Stir in the flour. Knead into a stiff dough (about 4-5 minutes).
4. Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters.
5. Place on airbake or non stick cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes and let cool. Store in Ziploc bags or airtight containers.
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.