I love a good soft, chewy, and warm chocolate chip cookie with every bite dipped into a cold glass of milk! Sounds like a rockin’ Wednesday night, right?? Well, that is just what I did this past week. I made the best soft baked cookies I’ve ever made. They are taken out of the oven slightly under baked which I was a little nervous about doing but they sit on the baking sheet for 10 minutes to continue baking once removed. This process makes them turn out perfect..more than prefect actually! You will love these, I promise 🙂
Make sure to use an Airbake Cookie sheet so the cookies cook evenly.
Cook only for about 9 minutes and remove while they are slightly under baked.
- 3/4 stick Butter Flavor Shortening Baking Stick
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla with a hand-held mixer on medium speed until well-blended. Add the egg and blend again.
2. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda, using a spatula to fold the ingredients into the batter. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
3. Using a cookie-scoop, drop 2 rounded tablespoons of the dough on air-bake pans, about 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. Cookies will appear under-done. Remove from oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before moving them to a wire cooling rack. Store in an air-tight container.
Recipe originally from: http://www.crisco.com/Recipes/Details.aspx?recipeID=2102
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.