My husband and I tend to eat different dinners most nights and tonight I made him a very special dinner….just because I’m awesome! He also got homemade banana pancakes for breakfast. I also asked him to be a guest blogger and write about his experience eating and enjoying his dinner for one. I normally have no problem writing about the food I made because I eat it and can easily describe it. In this case I asked my husband to write this blog since he was the one to inhale it and enjoy it so much. So, I’ll stop talking now and let my husband take over…..
Hello everyone I’m “The Husband.” When “The Wife” asked me to be a guest blogger I was hesitant at first, what was I gonna write about? Well much to my surprise, and relief for bloggin purposes, I was awakened this afternoon (relax I work nights) to banana pancakes. I thought I was all set, but was still having some trouble thinking about what to write. So a few hours later I come inside to find a delicious skillet chicken Parmesan awaiting me. First off who doesn’t love a little Italian food. However, I’ve come to learn, as I’m sure you have through this blog, that everything is better in a cast iron skillet. Now I may be a little biased, but this is the best chicken parm I’ve ever tasted right down to the red sauce, which I made sure to finish off. As you know, my wife is an amazing cook, but this dish took it to a whole other level.
- 1 chicken breast
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (I made my from 2 toasted pieces of bread)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to season
- butter to coat skillet
- 4-5 small yellow potatoes, cooked and cut into fourths (I used the kind that are in a microwaveable bag..super easy)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- pinch of salt
1. For the chicken: preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use a meat tenderizer and pound chicken breast until about 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Beat the egg in a shallow dish. Dip both sides of the chicken in the egg and then sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
3. Heat a pan on medium heat and cook the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side.
4. Add the diced tomatoes to the tomato sauce and put in the skillet that is coated with butter.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, add to the skillet and top with cheeses.
6. For the potatoes: Put the cooked, cut potatoes in a bowl that has a lid. Pour the melted butter over the potatoes. Add the garlic and rosemary.
7. Cover the bowl with the lid and toss until well coated. Lay the potatoes on a baking pan covered with foil.
8. Cook in the oven along with the skillet chicken for 10-15 minutes. Cook the chicken until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.