To celebrate the long awaited first day of summer I made something new and absolutely wonderful that I know any peach lover will fall in love with! This winter seemed to drag on and on and on and on…and then on some more. I live in Oklahoma and every time a sunny day would temp us, BAM another winter storm would come through. I thought warm weather would never arrive but at last it did and with that I made the juiciest peach lovers dessert. I thought about turning my delightfully delectable Apple Crisp into a Peach Crisp which would have amazing but I wanted something a little simpler. I was in the mood for the peach and crisp topping only…sometimes the crisp topping sounds delicious all by itself! (Am I alone on that one??) So, I thought why not make it open face and pile on all that wonderful crunchy topping. I still used my skillet because it’s my new favorite item in the kitchen, plus the peaches fit so cozy. I tasted these beauties as soon as they were finished and they were so juicy with the perfect amount of crunchy oat sugar topping…perfection!
Makes 4 servings
(I only made two because I sadly had only one peach left but I will be making more asap!)
- 2 peaches
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold and diced
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2cup oats, uncooked
- white sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat mini skillet with butter and line the bottom with a thin layer of water (about 3 tablespoons).
2. Cut each peach in half and remove the pit.
3. To make the oat topping: in small bowl mix together flour, butter, brown sugar, and oats.
4. Press this mixture on top of each peach half and pile high, sprinkle white sugar on top. Place into the skillet and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.