If you haven’t noticed by now, I love breakfast! 🙂 I make a big breakfast every Saturday but last weekend, I treated my husband to a big breakfast Saturday and Sunday…I’m such an awesome wife! Both included a different type of French Toast. Saturday was the French Toast Roll Ups which were a huge hit and Sunday followed up with Baked Blueberry French Toast. These were also very delicious but very dangerous! They had exploding blueberries…literally. When blueberries get really hot they burst, so when we bit into them the juice squirted across the room and on each other! There was dots of blueberry juice everywhere, it was my favorite part of the whole breakfast. My least favorite part: cleaning all of it up 🙂
- 8 pieces of bread
- 5 large Eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (plus more for topping)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, 1/4 cup maple syrup, salt & cinnamon. Dip each piece of bread in batter. Let excess drip back into bowl.
3. Place bread on a single layer on sheet pan. Let bread soak in the egg mixture for 5-10 minutes. Top bread with blueberries. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until egg batter is soaked in & bread is golden brown.
4. Remove from oven & top with butter & maple syrup. Serve while hot.
Adapted from Family Fresh Cooking recipe.
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.