Nutella is advertised as healthy, so that means any recipe I put Nutella in makes it a nutritious and heart healthy meal, right? Thank goodness because I almost thought these French Toast Roll Ups stuffed with Nutella were bad for me. 😉 I added fruit to a few of them so I think I get bonus points for that.
Saturday morning is a big breakfast morning in our house. I love to try out new, fun recipes which some turn out great…some not so great…more like epic fails that are non edible and we end up at IHOP. However, it’s a little hard to screw up breakfast, everything seems to always come out tasting delicious when drizzled in butter and maple syrup. These French Toast Roll Ups were far from an a epic fail, they were a huge hit and I will definitely be making them again and again. I used several different fillings to have a variety such as Nutella, Nutella and banana, and strawberry jam. Nutella was my favorite while strawberry jam hit the spot for my husband. You can fill them with anything you like and I’m sure they will be yummy!
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 eggs
- 3tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter, for coating skillet
Filling Options, as desired
- Apples, sliced
- Peanut butter
- Bananas, sliced
1. Cut crusts from slices of bread, and flatten bread with rolling pin.
2. Spread desired filling on 1 side of each slice of bread. You could combine any fillings together. Tightly roll up the slice of bread. Continue for remaining slices.
3. In shallow dish, beat eggs and milk with whisk. In another dish, mix sugar and cinnamon.
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.