I grew up thinking that coffee cake would taste just like coffee so I never attempted to try it. I was never adventurous when it came to food and probably missed out on some really marvelous tasting treats. The only way I can ever get my taste buds to forgive me for denying them such spectacular desserts is to bake, bake, bake, and not be afraid to try new things.
This crumb cake has the best topping ever, probably because it’s straight sugar and butter and what’s not love about that. It’s also about an 1/2 inch high on top of the most moist crumb cake ever! The best part about he whole cake…it doesn’t taste anything like coffee 🙂
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. To make crumb topping: combine sugars, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in melted butter. Add flour and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Spread out mixture on parchment paper until ready to use.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
4. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer and beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in vanilla until well combined.
5. With the mixer on low speed, add Greek yogurt and dry ingredients alternately in 3 parts, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated.
6. Scoop the batter evenly into prepared baking dish.
7. Sprinkle the topping onto the batter in the pan, using your fingertips to gently press the crumbs into the batter. Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.