I’ve never been a fan of bread pudding…its mushy, gushy, and all around too soft for my liking. However, my husband loves it, so a few weeks ago I attempted to make a crock pot version. I took a tiny, tiny, TINY bite to see if it was good and the texture made it hard to swallow…yuck! The flavor wasn’t too bad though. But the true test was letting my husband taste it. Of course he said it was good but there was no sparkle in his eye or rubbing of his belly to assure me it was the best thing ever baked in the history of baking!! And the worst part…he even looked up a rum sauce to add flavor to it…so my crock pot bread pudding was an EPIC FAIL! Needless to say, it did not make it to my blog. I had to redeem myself somehow so I searched for an awesome bread pudding recipe that would put a sparkle back in his eye. I came across this recipe that combines cinnamon rolls and bread pudding. It turns out my husband happens to LOVE cinnamon rolls! I pinned this right away and got the ingredients ASAP. Once I made this I was surprised to find out that I even liked them. They are not too soggy or mushy and they have the perfect cinnamon roll and bread pudding combination flavor. They are 100 times better than the crock pot disaster and my husband loved them too. 🙂 I hope you enjoy them as well!
*I changed a few things to make them big muffins instead of mini and added raisins instead of pecans.
2 cans cinnamon rolls
Reserve the icing
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan for 12.
2. Cut each cinnamon roll into 4 pieces as shown in the picture and stuff raisins into the dough.
3. Place 5 pieces of dough into each muffin cup.
4. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, vanilla, and sugar.
5. Pour egg mixture into each cup and fill about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes and drizzle with icing.
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.