These raviolis were made with love 🙂 My husband and I spent Sunday afternoon making these tasty little raviolis together and we were really pleased with how they came out. We didn’t follow one exact recipe, instead we improvised (which I love doing) and the filling had such a great taste! The dough can also be boiled which I think I would try next time to see what the difference in the texture would be. This is a great Italian dish that I would make again and again 🙂 I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients for Dough
- 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 eggs
- 1 3/4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Extra flour for dusting
Ingredients for Filling:
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- salt and pepper for taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
1.To make the filling, saute the spinach in a large pan with the olive oil and garlic. Drain the juice and chop. Mix the chopped spinach, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and egg in a medium bowl and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat them with a fork. Add water, oil, and salt, and mix well.
3. Add 1 cup flour to the bowl. Use a fork to mix the flour with the eggs, water, oil, and salt. Repeat with the rest of the flour. Mix until a smooth dough is formed.
4. Dust a large, clean area with flour. Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes or until it becomes elastic. Dust a rolling pin with flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll out the dough until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
5. With a cookie cutter or upside-down water glass, cut out circles in the dough.
6. Place about 2 teaspoons of filling in middle of a dough.
7. Fill a small bowl with water and moisten around the outer edge of the dough circle.
8. Fold the dough in half over the filling, making a half-moon shape. Be sure all the filling stays inside. Pinch the edges together and then seal the edges of the ravioli with a fork. Make sure to press firmly and go all the way around.
9. Put a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking pan and line with the raviolis. Cover the raviolis with the remaining sauce.
10. Cook at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes or until cooked in the middle. Cover the top with mozzarella cheese and chopped spinach and cook for 2 more minutes.
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.