These oatmeal raisin granola bars are so yummy and healthy…what more can you ask for?! For my vegan friends reading, they are made without flour or eggs and naturally sweetened with honey. The recipe calls for 1 cup of peanut butter but it ended up being more like 1/2 cup before I even put it in the mixing bowl because I kept licking the spoon! Good thing I had a brand new jar. Let’s be honest…you know you will do the same thing so make sure you have the jar handy too! I hope you enjoy 🙂
1 cup natural crunchy peanut butter (or creamy)
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
2½ cups rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped almonds (more if you are using creamy)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil, leaving the edges hang over. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
3. Stir in the oats, mix well. Stir in the almonds and raisins, mix well.
4. Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Spread out evenly and press firmly.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the freezer for one hour. Remove the foil from the pan then remove the oatmeal block and cut into 8 granola squares. The granola bars will become more chewy as they adjust to room temperature. Store in an air tight container for up to one week.