I wanted to find a great Meatloaf recipe to show this is a yummy dinner and too often dismissed. I searched high and low for an awesome recipe with terrific reviews and I found the perfect one from food.com. I’m glad it turned out so well because that would have been a huge fail on about 1,ooo reviewers! It’s simple yet very, very tasty. The sauce on top is the perfect amount of tangy and sweet. There is nothing blah about this meatloaf…think twice before you brush off this recipe, it’s a must try! I’ve made meatloaf once before and it was pretty good…but this one is far superior 🙂 I know you will love it, hope you enjoy 🙂
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef ( ground shoulder roast is good)
- 1 slice bread ( broken or chopped finely)
- 1 egg
- 1 small vidalia onions or 1 small type sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2-2/3 cup whole milk or 1/2-2/3 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 -4 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed firm ( to taste)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
3. Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
© Sweets Eats and Crafts All images and content are copy right protected. Please do not use images or content without permission. Please cite if borrowed.