I’ve been waiting and waiting for the day that I was able to create my letter “i” post because I have known from day one that I was going to make ice cream. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are so many amazing flavors to choose from…my all time favorite is pumpkin cheesecake by Ben and Jerry.
I would say they those guys are the top ice cream makers in the world but that was until a few moments ago when I tasted my ice cream! It’s creamy, soft, and has incredible flavor. It’s not going to last long in this house!
Mix in your own favorite candy or topping and let me know what you think! Enjoy 🙂I found this recipe on about.com and I added the chocolate chips and increased the freeze time from 4 to 8 hours. 4 hours did not create a a very thick consistency.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups chopped semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer and beat the whipping cream for about 4 minutes until it thickens and looks like soft whipped cream. Be careful not to over mix.
2. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.