I can’t believe I’m already on letter G! I’ve already learned so much and I’m having so much fun making and tasting new recipes 🙂
I haven’t made cupcakes for my blog in a while and I could feel them calling my name. I’ve never made ganache frosting before so it was perfect timing. I’m usually not a huge chocolate on chocolate fan but after my toe-curling delicious Devil’s Food Cake I was hooked! I did a Valentine theme when decorating these cupcakes and made a pink chocolate heart…awhh!
Ganache is actually pretty easy to make and requires few ingredients. I wanted a thicker consistency for my frosting so I played around with the ingredients and came up with the following recipe. It’s super rich and super tasty 🙂 Enjoy! Ingredients:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (chopped)
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
1. Put semi-sweet chopped chocolate in a heat safe bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the whipping cream in a saucepan until it begins to simmer. Careful not to boil it.
3. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let set about 5 minutes until it has fully warmed the chocolate.
4. Add the butter and use a whisk to mix ingredients together until well blended.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove and stir rapidly with whisk for 1-2 minutes. This will give you a nice fluffy ganache that you can even pipe with!
I often want to make just two cupcakes and I found a great recipe from Manhattan Craft Room for two chocolate cupcakes that was absolutely fantastic! They were like brownie cupcakes..yum! Check it out if you ever just feel like having two 🙂