I needed some art for my gallery wall in my office and there’s nothing better than a one of a kind piece of art. I also am not a huge fan of the repetitive quotes that are in every single store. I tried to search for an inspirational quote that I really liked but it had to be short because my canvas was small and my letters were large. “Positive Quote” is what I ended up with 🙂 I thought it was pretty funny.
- 8×10 canvas
- Scrapbook paper
- Black acrylic paint
- Distressed Ink
- Sponge brushes
- Modge Podge
- Sticker Bubble Letters
1. Cut scrapbook paper to fit canvas.
2. Paint edges of canvas black and let dry. This will match the distressed ink and give a worn look.
3. Apply a layer modge podge to the front of canvas with sponge brush and fit scrapbook paper. You have a few seconds until the modge podge dries to wiggle the paper around to it just right. Press firmly on the paper to make sure it is attached. I like to rub my fingers in a circular motion all over the paper to secure the attachment and then flip the canvas over and press firmly on the table.
4. Use a separate sponge and dab into the distressed ink. Next, dab onto the edges of the paper and smear with your finger or a paper towel. (It will come off your finger with soap and water). You can buy the applicator but I find the sponge works just fine. Repeat this process until you reach the desired effect.
5. Apply sticker bubble letters and arrange how you wish.
There you go, you had a one of a kind piece of art!