I have been on a little bit of a S’mores kick lately. Anything with marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate combined makes an excellent flavor and it’s hard to beat. There is something so great about a childhood favorite food. They can bring back memories in one second with the rich smell that fills up your kitchen and with one single bite. When I was a kid we used to toast marshmallows in our fireplace but I was too scared to get near the real fire. So, I would put my marshmallow on the clothes hanger and pretend to roast mine under the coffee table 🙂 That’s why I love bite size food so it just seemed right to pair the two together! When these bite size S’mores are right out of the oven, they are melt in your mouth delicious! Hope you enjoy and get make some memories 🙂
I could eat marshmallows by themselves for a dessert! I love the texture and they way they melt in your mouth! Sooo delicious!
7 graham crackers, finely crushed
6 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup powered sugar
12 large marshmallows,cut in half
4 bars, divide into individual squares, set aside 24 squares for melting and 24 for baking
1. Preheat Oven to 350°F
2. Put graham crackers in a bowl and finely crush into crumbs with fork or potatoes smasher. Add melted butter and powered butter to crumbs. Mix well.
3. Scoop 1 tbsp of crumb mix into mini muffin pans. Press into pan to form shallow cups. A tablespoon works well to help form this cup (refer to picture).
5. Bake cups 4-5 minutes
6. While cups are baking, melt 24 squares of chocolate, microwave on high 1 to 1.5 minutes or until melted, stir every 20 seconds.
6. Remove cups from oven and place one hard candy square and one marshmallow half, cut-side down, in the cups.
7. Place back into the oven and bake 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows are soften.
8. Remove cups from oven.
9. Scoop 1 to 1.5 tsp of melted chocolate over the top of each marshmallow.