Halloween is almost here! I made red velvet eye ball cake balls (that’s a mouth full!) for the occasion. They are super rich and full of red velvety goodness 🙂 I loved decorating these, each one was unique and so cute! I can’t wait til Christmas but until then, I hope you enjoy these eyeballs!! Ingredients:
1 box red velvet cake mix
1 12 oz can cream cheese frosting (I used approx 3/4 the can)
1 package candy melts (I used half yellow and 1/2 blue to create green because it’s what I had)
Red decorating icing
1. Bake cake according to directions and allow to cool completely. Crumble into a large bowl.
2. Add a few scoops of frosting into the cake and mix thoroughly until you reach the right consistency to form balls.
3. Make 1 inch size balls and lay on cookie sheet.
4. Put in the freezer for about in hour to firm cake balls.
5. Melt chocolate in microwave bowl according to directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra. This does take some time so take a few out of the freezer at a time.
7. When the the cake ball is covered in chocloate add candy eyeballs so they stick and decorate with red icing.