I love chicken pasta but one day I wanted a bit more, so I added some of my favorite veggies and dressing..and it is the most requested pasta at my house!
You can add more or less of any ingredient and it will still taste great, I do it all the time depending on how many I’m serving. Hope you enjoy 🙂
3 cups Penne pasta
¼ cup finely chopped red onion
1 can whole green beans
2 New Red Potatoes, quartered
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Italian Dressing
6-8 ounces chopped chicken breast
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive Oil, to cook onion and garlic
1. Cook penne pasta, drain and return to pot to keep warm.
2. In a large skillet lightly coat with olive oil and begin to cook chopped chicken. When chicken is almost fully cooked, add ¾ cup Italian dressing and simmer chicken for remaining cooking time. Turn temperature to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Poke holes in potatoes with fork and bake in microwave for 4-5 minutes or until soft and cooked. Cut in quarters.
4. In a small skillet, set temperature to low. Lightly coat with olive oil and add garlic first, then add onions. Sauté for about 1 minute and do not let the onions brown.
5. In a large bowl, add pasta and remaining ¼ dressing, mix well. Add onion and garlic mixture, combine well.
6. Stir in Parmesan cheese (save a little to sprinkle on top)
7. Mix in green beans, chicken, and potatoes.
8. Serve and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.