This combination might sound a bit strange to some but it’s very tasty! I love making a variety of grilled sandwiches so I was excited when I came across this recipe. I love pretty much anything with peanut butter and this only has 4 ingredients…simple and delicious! I used crunchy peanut butter (my absolute favorite) which gave the sandwich the perfect texture. I think creamy PB would have made the sandwich too mushy (I don’t have a more technical cooking term, I’m sorry 🙂 ). I wasn’t too sure how the banana would turn out because I’m not a huge banana fan but I was pleasantly surprised! The honey is the key ingredient because it gives the sandwich a little bit of sweetness. I can’t believe I ever doubted such a great recipe. 🙂 And, it only requires 4 ingredients! Enjoy 🙂
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 8 slices of bread
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (I used crunchy!!)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Cut each banana in half width wise, then in half length wise into four pieces.
- Spread PB on bread, place banana slices on four slices of bread.
- Drizzle the bananas with honey
- Top with remaining bread to make sandwiches.
- Toast sandwiches in the skillet on each side until golden brown.