Here is another Valentine’s Day dessert! This is a simple cupcake with tons of delicious sweet flavor! I was inspired by all the Valentine treats and I think the strawberry resembles a heart when you cut the cupcake in half. The cream cheese frosting complements the vanilla cupcake and strawberry so well! I had so much fun making this cupcake and I hope you enjoy it, Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 1/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups milk
- 15 whole strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Beat the butter at medium speed until somewhat smooth.
3. Pour in sugar and beat well.
4. Add 2 eggs and mix well.
5. Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk, mix well
6. Line baking cups and file 2/3 to ¾ full.
7. Bake 12 to 15 min or until toothpick comes out clean
8. Cool completely, use core cutter to carve out center.
9. Cut top off strawberries and insert into center of cupcake
10. Cut 5 strawberries in half for garnish
11. Decorate with cream cheese icing garnish with strawberries
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Cream together the cream cheese and butter.
2. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners’ sugar