I LOVE Pinterest, which is where I discovered the idea for this project. People are so creative and I get carried away with wanting to make everything! I could spend hours in a craft store wandering the aisles. I could also spend a small fortune in one trip on baking and craft supplies. This was very challenging since I can’t even draw stick figures but I somehow managed a tree! It took a couple of hours and a great eraser but I got there. I love how it turned out and wish I could duplicate it! 🙂
- Large canvas
- Many, Many buttons!
- Brown acrylic paint
- Puff Paints: Pearl White, Copper, Brown, and Black
1. Draw the tree onto the canvas in pencil lightly so you can erase if needed.
2. Paint tree with an acrylic brown paint and fill in completely. I used different size paint brushes. Let the first coat of paint dry completely or it will streak.
3. Use the puff paints to add dimension all throughout the branches and trunk. Let dry.
4. Place buttons throughout the tree and branches until you like the placement. I played around with different colors and sizes for a while so this step can take a while.
5. Hot glue each button (the glue string got everywhere but easily comes off when dry).